BASIC SUBMISSIONS GUIDELINES FOR PHOTOGRAPHS
- The contests are open for online submissions only, through the email address (email@example.com) only
- Submissions will not be accepted once the deadline lapses.
- Photos submitted must be at least 640 pixels on the shorter side, and no more than 4000 pixels on the longer side. Images should be no larger than 2MB. Photos must be in JPEG format.
- You may submit up to 3 entries per contest as you wish, unless specifically mentioned otherwise in the contest specific rules. However, you will be able to send only one image at a time.
- You are required to provide a unique title & description for each image submitted.
- The same photo can be submitted for more than one contest. Photos that have won previous awards, may be submitted again, unless otherwise mentioned in the contest specific rules.
- All submitted photos must contain the original EXIF metadata information. However there must be no border(s), logo(s), copyright marks, identifying marks, or any other visible references and/or marks on the image.
- Basic editing, including colour enhancement, the use of filters, and cropping of the Photo(s) is acceptable, provided any such editing does not affect the authenticity and/or genuineness of the Photo(s).
- Every image uploaded is subject to a moderation process before it becomes visible on the contest page. Imagetech Photographic reserves the right to access and disregard any submitted photo at our discretion.
- Photos that portray or otherwise include inappropriate and/or offensive content, including provocative nudity, violence, human rights and/or environmental violation, and/or any other contents deemed to be contrary to the law, religious, cultural & moral traditions and practices of India, are strictly prohibited and will be immediately discarded.
- A participant who submits any such photos may be permanently banned, subject to Better Photography’s discretion, from participating in any future contests.
- Imagetech Photographic will appoint a judge / judges for each contest. This will comprise of members of the editorial team and / or external judges.
- The judging panel shall assess and determine the winning Photos. The results and the winners will be announced on the Facebook Page(facebook.com/imagetechtbay).
- The decision of Imagetech Photographic’s judging panel will be final and binding on all Participants in respect to all matters relating to the Contest.
- Imagetech Photographic reserves the right to call for original JPEG or RAW files with unchanged EXIF for the purpose of authentication. An image maybe disregarded if this information cannot be provided.
- Prizes (if any) will be shipped for free within Thunder Bay area or picked up at Imagetech (679 Memorial ave)
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
- Submitted photos must be original, created and/or taken by the contestant. It must not contain any materials owned or controlled by a third party for which you have not obtained a license, must not infringe the copyright, trademark, moral rights, rights of privacy/publicity or intellectual property rights of any person or entity.
- Imagetech Photographic respects photographers’ copyrights and copyrights shall remain vested with the creator of the image. Upon making the submission, you grant Imagetech Photographic, worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty free, sub-licensable right and license to use, publish, reproduce, display, perform, adapt, create derivative works, distribute, have distributed, print, in whole or in part, in any form, in all media forms now or hereafter known, to promote the contest, image, the photographer or for editorial or educative use.
- The Photographer will be credited wherever the image is used.
- You hereby hold harmless, release, indemnify and discharge Imagetech Photographic and its partners, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising agencies, agents and their employees, officers and representatives from all liability, claims, judgments, demands, controversies, agreements, damages, actions and causes of action whatsoever, arising out of or related in any way to the contest or the conduct of the contest and the acceptance and use, misuse, or possession of any prize awarded, whether in law or in equity, no matter what the cause or nature, and You further waive any claims that You may state or assert against Imagetech Photographic in association with the contest or any of its associated activities, or in any way related to or resulting from the contest even if such injury or claims results from or is caused by the negligence or gross negligence of Imagetech Photographic, in whole or in part, due to human error or otherwise. You further agree to indemnify and hold harmless Imagetech Photographic from any claim arising out of your participation in the contest including, without limitation, all claims brought or asserted by any third party as a result of any injury or loss that You or they may sustain in any way associated with your participation in the contest.
- Under no circumstance will Imagetech Photographic be liable for any:
- lost, late, misdirected, stolen, illegible or incomplete Submissions
- error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, submitted Photo(s);
- problems, failures or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, providers, computer equipment, software, email, players or browsers, on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet, at any website, or on account of any combination of the foregoing;
- incorrect or inaccurate information, caused by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest or by any technical or human error which may occur in the processing of the Photos and/or the Submissions; and/or
- injury or damage to any Participant or to any computer related to, resulting from or in connection with the Contest.
- If, for any reason, the contest is not capable of being conducted as anticipated, due to computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of Imagetech Photographic, which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the contest, Imagetech Photographic reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the contest as deemed appropriate, disqualify any Participant, and/or select winners from all eligible Photos submitted prior to the termination, cancellation, modification or suspension. Imagetech Photographic reserves the right to correct any typographical, printing, computer programming or operating errors at any time.
- The laws of the province or territory in which you reside apply to the Contest.
Any attempt to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal or civil laws. Should any such attempt be made, the Sponsors reserve the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.