A flexible wide-angle zoom in a compact form factor, the?EF-S 10-18mm f/4.5-5.6 IS STM?from?Canon?is a 16-28.8mm equivalent lens designed for EF-S-mount DSLRs. Helping to reduce the overall size while maintaining high optical quality, a four-group zoom design is employed along with one ultra-low dispersion element, one aspherical element, and one large-diameter element to produce sharp, clear imagery void of chromatic and spherical aberrations. A Super Spectra coating has also been applied to suppress flare and ghosting for increased contrast and color neutrality. Benefitting both photo and video applications, an STM stepping AF motor is used to realize quick and near-silent autofocus performance along with full-time manual focus override. Additionally, a four-stop-effective Image Stabilizer system is also featured and minimizes the appearance of camera shake for sharper handheld shooting.
- Wide-angle zoom is designed for APS-C-format Canon EF-S-mount DSLRs and provides a 16-28.8mm equivalent focal length range.
- One ultra-low dispersion glass element noticeably reduces color fringing and chromatic aberrations for high clarity and color fidelity.
- One aspherical element limits distortion and spherical aberration in order to realize greater sharpness and accurate rendering.
- Super Spectra coating has been applied to individual elements to minimize ghosting and flare for greater contrast and color neutrality when working in strong lighting conditions.
- An Optical Image Stabilizer helps to minimize the appearance of camera shake by up to four shutter speed stops to better enable working in low-light conditions and with slower shutter speeds.
- An STM stepping AF motor realizes smooth, near-silent autofocus that is complemented by a rear focus system, advanced AF algorithms, and a high-speed CPU for fast AF performance. Additionally, full-time manual focus override is also available.
- Rounded seven-blade diaphragm contributes to a pleasing out of focus quality that benefits the use of shallow depth of field and selective focus techniques.
There are no reviews yet.